Let me give some tips on why doing business in the Philippines is good for you. Setting up your start up business can be a huge hassle if you don’t know where to do. Knowing your responsibilities in taking the right steps to legalize your business can have benefits.
Most start ups worry about money, the taxes and the expenses on the first year of operations. It is important to learn the relevant government agencies who can help you to legalize your business. Here is the list of government agencies that you should know.
1. BIR – Bureau of Internal Revenue
2. SSS – Social Security System
3. Philhealth – Philippine Health Insurance
4. Pag-ibig – Home Development Mutual Fund
5. Pag-ibig Online – Pag-ibig Fund Services
6. DOLE – Department of Labor and Employment
7. DTI – Department of Trade and Industry
8. S.E.C – Securities and Exchange Commission (Corporations and Partnership)
Take time to read the business applications, the process, and the procedures before you act to legalize your business. Believe me, I have been there. It can be a waste of time if you do not know where to next and where it is located. It’s different here in the Philippines, not all agencies have unified requirements. That means you have to ask for documentation every time.
I would suggest you can hire an agency who can take care all of your business documentation. It’s easy for you to setup and all you have to do is to fill in your information.
If you want to setup business in Cebu, Philippines. You need to read and browse this sites.
Starting a Business in Mandaue Cebu
For Corporate/Partnership: Doing Business in Cebu
Business Name Registration
Service Information For Start-Ups