Panicking? Struggling? Tired? Bored? Feeling lazy?Need to Find Solutions?
Do those words familiar to you? You are not the only one trying to manage your life, work and personal at the same time. You may own a company, an employee or a freelancer still there are times you ask yourself, why can’t you complete tasks in time. Or you question your ability whether you are doing everything in your power. You cannot figure out a solution to push yourself more. Yet you get burn out.
The reason why we need to step back and try to see the big picture small. How many times have you felt you need a break? We all need a break. When you have a lot going on in your life. You need to do the following:
- Take a 5 to 15 minutes break before you start any task. The first two hours of the day is crucial. Focus on the two tasks you want to complete. Do not cram too many to-dos’ in two hours.
- Write all your responsibilities that you can do in a day on a piece of paper. One way to relieve yourself from the stress of thinking all of your activities. Look at your list and pick the important job you have to do. Do this every time you feel overwhelmed.
- Do not juggle too many work. Women are known to be great multitaskers. But it is not useful in getting things done immediately. You can do this for 5-15 mins then do another one. It is endless. Get one stuff done before doing another thing is not going to work. Give it your 100% attention.
- Get rid of distractions. The first thing you need to do is to stop checking your social media accounts like Facebook. Try to limit yourself from interruption. Ask help to redirect your calls and take messages for you. Do not to check your email for 30 minutes. Stick to a schedule and start to get things done. Once you have covered everything, allow yourself to be available.
- Take into account what you can and cannot do. Keep it real. You only have 8-hour day work. Do not stretch yourself out. Or you will get burn out. Notice how many minutes or hours you can finish work. If it takes longer schedule it. Some can be planned for the next days. Plan your activities wisely.
- Get a planner to manage your schedules. You always get to decide what you need to do on the day or the next day. The purpose of the planner is to write your to-dos and not keep it to memory. Sometimes when you try to remember so many things that you forget the essential stuff you want to do.
- Plan in advance. Try to plan your week before it starts. It gives you the control on your schedule and gives you that gratifying feeling. Be sure not to limit yourself on the schedule you set. Sometimes, things extend a few days. So watch out for changes.
- Get support. Get help from a colleague, a friend or a mentor who can guide your decision-making. You cannot do everything. Ask for a favor and ask someone to fill in for you. Especially if you are running behind the schedule.
We all worry about our schedules. When you get that control to handle your work schedule. It will give you more time on things that are important to you. You can give more time to family or for yourself. Discover what works for you. Apply it consistently and seek to improve your habits every day.