SFI President Gery Carson’s 20 Rules to Business Success and I want to share with you. Since it provides me the best insight that I need to focus and the ideas to help me succeed. Business Success is not just by reading and saying it. You have to take action. Get it done and start planning.
Here are his tips to success that you can follow:
1. Treat your business…like a business!
2. DO something to grow your business every day. Do small goals everyday and keep the momentum going.
3. Lead by example.
4. Work with the workers. Listen to your workers and get to know about them.
5. YOU succeed only if THEY succeed. This is an employee and employer business relationship that if you help them succeed. They will help you succeed in your business.
6. YOU make it happen, no one else. Just do it.
7. Leaders are readers. Do not assume you know everything. An example is to read a book about marketing. If you do not how to market your business. Learn all you can about the applicable marketing strategies on your business.
8. Open your eyes to your potential. A business opportunity, idea or strategy are good foundations for a successful business.
9. Set goals…and publish them!
10. Have a plan (a realistic plan).
11. Winning starts with beginning.
13. Send praise down (and criticism up).
14. Don’t quit.
15. Think BIG.
16. Don’t major in minors.
17. Don’t be a negative thinker.
18. Some will, some won’t. So what?! Someone’s waiting! Next!
19. Persist until you win.
20. Treat your business like taking care of yourself. Take care of your health and love yourself. It is not good to only think about working to make money and do business. (From me)