Making your boss happy is not easy. I have compiled tips and advices that I have tested for the past years. I want to go back reminiscing my call center and office work days. This is not a trip where I made most of my mistakes. A time where I realize that the job is not about me but it was about my employer.
Read my tips and advices more to consider giving your employer or boss that extra effort.
1. When your boss gives you the entire day to do all the tasks. Give him a reason to smile. Being serious on the job has its benefits. Letting him see that you are actually enjoying what you do will put you in a good position.
2. Ask questions. Some employees chose not to ask questions. As I have observed in the community, people avoid this to be labeled as unintellectual and weak. Personally, posing questions may help you in the long run. It will also show that you are interested on becoming good at what you do.
3. Owning your mistakes. Employers can be forgiving and lenient. Learning from your mistakes and seek methods or strategies to improve yourself. Do not rely too much on what you know.
4. Be friendly and nice to your boss. I personally tried this. When you are being friendly, they will reciprocate that nice gesture. It will make your business relationship easy.
5. Communicate effectively. Communication is important in the workplace. It is two way and not one sided. If you do not understand what your boss is trying to tell you. Do not try to read between the lines. Ask and you shall be rewarded.
6. Dress appropriately. In the workplace it is advisable to look good not slutty. Look corporate but not too sexy. In the virtual industry, looking at your best will help you perform better on your job. Though, the idea of working as a virtual assistant will always have that not so idealistic approach when it comes to dressing up. Doing this everyday will boost your confidence and improve your habits.
7. Do your work on time. It is perfectly safe to assume that all boss/employers do monitor your working hours. Even when your boss says you can work anytime you want. Follow this rule: Set a specific time for your work. Delegating your time will benefit you. You can have extra time with your kids, your wife or husband, your extra curricular activities or even time for yourself.
8. Be an example. We are not perfect. We are only humans. By letting him see that your are responsible and accountable, they will learn to trust you.
By IJJ April 30, 2015